About Us

Loans for Veterans

Mortgage Calculators

Handy Links

 Contact Us



If You Already Had a
VA-Guaranteed Home Loan..


Remaining Entitlement

  • Veterans who had a VA-Guaranteed Home Loan before may still have remaining entitlement to use for another VA-Guaranteed Home Loan.


    Restoration of Entitlement

  • Veterans can have previously used entitlement restored to purchase another home with a VA-Guaranteed Home Loan if:
    - The property purchased with the prior VA-Guaranteed Home Loan has been sold and the loan paid in full, or
    - A qualified veteran - transferee (buyer) agrees to assume the VA-Guaranteed Home Loan and substitute his or her entitlement for the same amount of entitlement originally used by the veteran seller.
  • The entitlement may also be restored one time only if the veteran has repaid the prior VA-Guaranteed Home Loan in full but has not disposed of the property purchased with the prior VA-Guaranteed Home Loan.
    Remaining entitlement and restoration of entitlement can be requested through the nearest VA office by completing VA Form 26-1880 Request for a Certificate of Eligibility.


    Specially Adapted Housing (SAH)

  • Veterans that have specific service-connected disabilities may be entitled to a grant from VA for the purpose of constructing an adapted dwelling or modifying an existing to meet their needs.
  • An eligible veteran may receive a VA grant of not more than 50% of the cost of a specially adapted house up to a maximum of $50,000.
Click on the menu below for more information regarding VA Loans
Steps To A
VA Home
Applying for
the Loan
Adapted Housing
Questions &

Which veterans are eligible for the grant?

The maximum amount of this grant is currently $50,000. It is available to veterans who have service-connected disability due to military service, entitling them to compensation for permanent and total disability due to:


  • The loss or loss of use of both lower extremities, such as to preclude locomotion without the aid of braces, crutches, canes of a wheelchair; or
  • Blindness in both eyes, having only light perception, plus loss or loss of use of one lower extremity; or
  • The loss or loss of use of one lower extremity together with (1) residuals of organic disease or injury, or (2) the loss of loss of use of one-upper extremity, which so affects the functions of balance or propulsion as to preclude locomotion without the aid of braces, crutches, canes or a wheelchair; or
  • The loss or loss of use of both upper extremities such as to preclude use of the arms at or above the elbow.


    Are there any other requirements for eligibility?

    It must be medically feasible for the veteran to reside in the house.
  • The house must be so adapted as to be suitable to the veteran's needs for living purposes, both now and in the future.
  • It must be financially feasible for the veteran to acquire the house, with the assistance provided by the grant.


    How may the grant be used?

    An eligible veteran has the option to use the grant under any one of the following plans:
    1. The veteran may elect to construct a home on land to be acquired for that purpose.

    2. The veteran may build a home on land already owned if it is suitable for specially adapted housing.

    3. The veteran may remodel an existing home if it can be made suitable for specially adapted housing.

    4.When the veteran has already acquired a specially adapted home (without the assistance of a VA grant), the grant maybe applied against any unpaid balance of the cost of the home.


    Where does a veteran go
    to find out if eligible?

    Any VA Office but, preferably the VA office where the veteran's claim records are located. A determination will be made as to the veteran's basic eligibility and whether it is medically feasible for the veteran to reside in a specifically adapted home.


    How will the veteran
    be advised if eligible?

  • A notice of eligibility for specially adapted housing will be sent to the veteran.
  • A VA SAH agent will visit the veteran and counsel him/her in every way possible in using the grant.
  • The veteran will also be furnished a supplemental application form (VA Form 26-4555C, Veteran's Supplemental Application for Assistance in Acquiring SAH) to be filled out when he/she is ready to obtain the grant.
  • When the veteran's request for the grant is approved, he/she will receive a commitment letter from VA setting forth the terms and conditions under which the funds will be made available.
  • Any contract executed by the veteran must include the condition that it is subject to VA approval and his/her obtaining the grant.

Citizens Mortgage Company

496 Old Route 66,
St. Robert, MO 65584


Toll Free: 800.440.2666
Ph: 573.336.2666
Fax: 573.336.2668



Buy Your New Home



Call Citizens Mortgage Company
for your home loan needs at
Toll Free 1.800.440.2666

Serving the Fort Leonard Wood,
Waynesville and St. Robert Missouri areas.

Conventional Loans     VA Loans
Rural Development Loans
and Re-financing